Let's Start With Our Littlest Ones Pre K - Grade 1 Word and Number Recognition Learning Game


 
 
 
Number Punch Counting Game 
 
What you will need:  hole punch construction paper, glue
 
Cut out 10 rectangle shape card from construction paper.  Starting with one write the number
 
1 at the top.  Show your child how to use a hole punch then have her punch out one hole
 
for the number 1.  Continue with each card up to the number 10.
 
Next Step:

Write and cut out the words one - ten.  Match word with correct number
 
card. 

Next step:

Count the number of holes two number cards have together. (add)
 
Work on these cards at the most 15 to 20 minutes at a time.
 

 

     

  Labeling Game


 I used this with my Son Cody. It started with a place mat with his name on it. Every meal I would

point to each letter and say the letter. Cody could spell and recognize his name at 10 months. So...I

took it further. I labeled his whole room example bed, dresser, chair, closet, books. Then I made it

more challenging. I put a blue circle on his top right hand drawer. On the circle I wrote socks. Above

I made a card that said above, under the card it said right. So he learnt that his socks were where it

was written in a blue circle. They were on the right hand drawer above the "between drawer". Use

shapes, colors, words like under, between, above, beside, behind, in front, over, under, right, left.

Kids have...

...an amazing learning potential in these early years. Just be consistent

and keep it fun. Start out with one word and add one new label at a time.  Introduce each new idea

only after your child has mastered the current label.


I love this idea of Early Explorers that I became an affiliate.  Your kids will have a amazing time exploring different parts of the world.  They will learn about people, animals, weather and exactly where this new place is located on the map (included).  They will also have two new pen pals from each location they visit.  It's an excellent opportunity for learning about new places and things to see there.






Comments